It was broke, now it is not

Well I am not really sure what happened but some time on Sunday night / Monday morning the site went down. All pages requiring PHP were not being rendered. I got that fixed relatively quickly by adding -D PHP4 to the /etc/conf.d/apache2 APACHE2_OPTS= flag. So that was nice. But then the blog itself would not work, more precisely there was no connection with the database. It took me a while to figure this issue out but I eventually figured out that it was a log discrepancy issue. Once I removed some logs from /var/lib/mysql the database was able to be initialized and a connection made. Now MySQL is staying up and all is well. I have to admit I have gotten a lot better at figure this stuff out and getting things back up and running. 🙂

0 Responses to “It was broke, now it is not”


Comments are currently closed.